Tuesday, October 6, 2009

So I have two big projects on the needles. So what did I do? I cast on for something new, something quick and easy. A tiny Noni Bag called Just Pockets (Ravelry link here). This will be my first felting project. The orange tape on the needles is so I can tell which set of needles to use as this pattern calls for using two at once. That's new for me too - and I love new things!
This weekend Mary showed me this:
This is the Addi Interchangeable needles and they are fantastic looking! I'm looking forward to her sharing her experiences with them. They might go on my Christmas list!
Here is another quilt from QuiltFest a couple of weekends ago. The only complaint I had about QuiltFest is that I wish they had featured a larger selection of modern quilts. Isn't this just gorgeous? I love the bright colors against the white.
In my last post, I showed the quilt that goes with this picture. I just love the flower quilting! The quilt isn't discolored, it's my lack of photography skills.
Happy Stitches!

12 comments:

Debbie said...

Felting is fun. Noni writes great patterns. I may have to try that one! Two needles at once sounds intriguing!

Is the flower quilting done by hand? Its beautiful.

Addi click..wow, that would be a nice Xmas gift.

Anonymous said...

A felted pouch will be fun to make! I want that needle set too, along with a new sewing machine. Thanks for the bright quilt photo. It looks like so much fun to sew and own. The quilted flowers are cute. I think you could fix the dark edge in photo editing, though I think the change in color helps bring out the stitches.

Candace said...

I just left a comment on your previous post and forgot to tell you how much I love your bag! The addi needles are so cool - and felting is very, very fun!
Cheers!

Pat said...

Being a total NON-knitter, I am impressed with your ever-improving knitting skills!

Vals Quilting said...

Hi Jackie, thanks for visiting my blog also, I love your little needle holder and needles - wow it almost looks like a doctors bag;) I should take a picture of my needle holder it's from the 70's I'm sure - my Mum made it years ago - it's such a riot and works great too...
Valerie
www.pastimesonline.ca/vals-quilting

Simone de Klerk said...

Jackie, how complicated can it get, using two stes of needles on the same knitting project. Look forward to see it felted. Wow. Doesn't that scare you just a tiny bit, to do that, after having knitted it?

QuiltSue said...

I love that quilt, thanks for showing it to those of us who don't get the chance to go to many shows.

As for the felting, I've never done it myself, but have seen the results and it's very effective.

Julia said...

Okay, when you do your felting I want to know how to do it. Okay, so do a tutorial for me. I love the look and feel of felted things. You are so multi talented!!!!

Micki said...

I have felted many things...it is so much fun! Have fun trying it!
Micki

Anonymous said...

That stitching is divine. I like all those colorful bits.

Yarn Sniper said...

I love felting, it's like magic in your washer...as long at it's NOT front loading!! I found you thanks to Barb @ Bejeweled Quilts and look forward to getting to know you better :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, that quilt is so beautiful! Can you tell me the name of the quilt and/or quilter? I tried to read the label but it's too small. I think it has to go on my bucket list!

I love knitting. I've crocheted since I was a child, and I tried to teach myself how to knit, but everything I knitted ended up super tight! - Peggi