Saturday, October 3, 2009

Another Finish!

I have another finished project. I finished my Go Green Shopper! It was a fun project. I stippled the panels with a variegated King Tut. When I was sewing the sides and bottom (one long piece) to the front and back, I came up with extra fabric. Silly me - I figured I didn't need to pin with a new sewing machine and I was wrong, wrong, wrong! Things went much better when I matched everything up and pinned it. The pattern directions were very easy to follow - always a big plus in my opinion. I'm going to do this one again!
Lesson I Had To Learn Again: I need to take the time to pin, pin, pin!

Though my posts have not shown much knitting, I'm actually knitting regularly. It's just that I have two big projects on the needles and they don't look much different from day to day. Here is where I'm at on my Per Terras (a lace shawl). This is exactly 25,702 stitches. There are probably 100,000 more to go! I'm still enjoying this very much but it's not a project I want to work on with the craziness at work for the past couple of weeks. I've just been too wore out and these stitches are little. Not the mindless knitting I need on the crazy days.
Here are two more miniature quilts from QuiltFest last weekend. I told you I loved the miniature quilts! As you can see, the last one is hardly bigger than the tag that is on it! I just loved the top one and was surprised it didn't have a ribbon on it.
Don't you just love them both?
Today, I have a little fabric shopping and knitting planned. G has football to watch. Next weekend my brother and his family will be at my parents in Orlando so we'll be spending some time with them. I'm really looking forward to that! It will be great to see the girls again.

I hope you're having a great weekend! Happy Stitches!

17 comments:

Marie said...

Oh Jackie cute bag and a great job quilting. I know you love your new machine. Your kniting is beautiful. Have fun visiting your nieces. Hugs, Marie

julia said...

Love the bag! Great job! So you are enjoying your new machine? The knitting is amazing! I don't know how you do it. You have way more patience than I do.

Ruth's Place said...

I can't get over how productive you are!

Unknown said...

Your bag is beautiful and I love the shawl? your knitting :)

Anonymous said...

Love the one with the little bits at the top!

Zlaty said...

COngrats Jackie, Great bag! I saw your bernina is doing a great job!
Awesome looking sweather as well!

Happy stitching!

Zlaty

Melissa said...

LOVE the shopping bag! I'm taking my first quilting class next weekend. I may have to pick up that pattern to make some of those for gifts once I know what I'm doing. LOL

Pat said...

I, too, love the minis!!! You did a good job on that bag. I'm glad you are enjoying your new machine.

Anonymous said...

Everything looks great. You got a lot done this week.

Simone de Klerk said...

That is one of the lessons I learned lately, pin, pin, pin. It makes your work so much better. And iron...
Love your knitting work. Getting along perfectly.
I can't believe those two quilts are miniature quilts. Incredible work. Thanks for sharing!
Have a lovely Sunday!

QuiltSue said...

The bag is great, and the quilting is great too.

I love the shawl, you're actually inspiring me to get my knitting needles out - and they haven't seen the light of day for probably 20 years!

The work in the miniature quilts is amazing, but I agree, I think the top one should have got an award. I can never fathom out the logic of the judges at these shows.

Siobhán said...

Woohoo! Congratulations on the finish. I love the bag!

Tammy said...

Your bag turned out great Jackie!
Gorgeous knitting too!

Micki said...

I just adore the bag, and it is so lovely! Your knitting is just awesome!
Micki

Jean in Georgia said...

Your bag and the knitting are wonderful!

Vals Quilting said...

I love these mini quilts - I wish I could do more of them..I would brag too if I could complete these like these ladies :)...
Valerie
http://www.pastimesonline.ca/vals-quilting/

Candace said...

I learned about pinning the same way you did, Jackie! I even pin when they say you don't need to - LOL! Love your shawl - how nice to wrap that around you on a cool, Fall afternoon!
Cheers!