Wednesday, January 7, 2009

8 Things....


Julie from Quilts From Down Under/I Wonder What Would Happen If tagged me! I've never been tagged it might be a good way to share some things about me you may not know.
But first...Here are the rules to play the game:
1. When you are tagged you are asked to list eight random facts about yourself and post them on your blog for visitors to enjoy. This is gonna be fun!
2. Tag eight of your blogging friends and leave them a comment that they have been tagged and to join in the fun if they have the opportunity. (If not, that's okay. They can still enjoy the random facts everyone shares:) Be sure to list a link to your eight friends in your posting.


Now for my 8 facts:
1. I started knitting almost one year ago. I love it!
2. I started quilting in October. 2008 was a year of exploring my creative interests!
3. I lived in Africa for 2 years as a child. In Libya. I can remember heat well above 100 degrees, scorpians, riding a camel on the beach, and water like you would not believe (and I live near the beach now!).
4. My very first job was in a library. I still love to read today and I get antsy if I don't have a book to read.
5. I've been "on" Weight Watchers for 2 years this week. It's changed my life.
6. Until April 2008, I had not been on a plane since the 1989. It wasn't as bad as I remembered! There will certainly be more planes in my future!
7. I'm a sugar addict in recovery. Seriously. Don't get between me and a Reeses - especially if it's been frozen.
8. I would have NEVER thought I would have started a blog. Never!


I'm not tagging people but would like to share with you some of my blogging friends that I think you'll enjoy. If you're reading this and would like to join in, please do!
Corrina at PicnicKnits. She is a knitting pattern designer and a fabulous mom. Don't miss checking out her pattern shop too!
Simone at Simone de Klerk is a fantastic stitcher and quilts too! You're going to love her!
Chris at Greetings From Shady Grove is a fabulous artist. She quilts, designs and makes jewelry, and is an amazing stain glass artist.
Paula at A Latte Quilts is a fantastic quilter and loves scrappy quilts.
Jill at Knitterella is a knitter, a graphic designer, and a fantastic photographer. I've been following (stalking) her blog for almost a year.
Tiennie at Tiennie.com. She is a knitter. Her photography is extraordinary. My two favorites are a peek into her home (Finished Objects of a Different Sort post) and a picture of her kids socks on a log (Boys Will Be Boys post). Don't miss these 2 posts! I'd post the specific links but my brower is showing the same page for everything.
Bea at Baa Baa Black Sheep. She knits, sews, and has 2 amazing pups - Gus and Abbey.

I hope you enjoy these blogs as much as I do!

3 comments:

Feisty Irish Wench said...

ooooh frozen Reese's!!! I luuurrrrve me some frozen Swiss Rolls with some mint herbal tea. (I think I am heading straight for PMS...I've been craving chocolate)

Simone de Klerk said...

Wow, Jackie, thank you for tagging me! I will write down 8 facts about me soon on my blog. Nice getting to know a bit more about you. And it is a good way to mention a few blogs you like and why! Have a wonderful Sunday (O:

parrotheadchic said...

Love the picture! So sultry!