Friday, December 26, 2008

Fun Times!

I hope you and your family had a wonderful day yesterday. My parents and sister came up and Greg's mom was able to get a pass for the day from the physcial rehab facility she is in. We opened gifts.....
....while enjoying the Yule Log. You know, the one on TV! It IS Florida here after all and what is Christmas without the air conditioner running all day?! The temperature here was almost 80!
C got up at 6:30 and made his first turkey. Much better than any turkey I've ever made. When I went to bed last night, he'd already put the carcass in a stock pot and made stock for soup.
I took very few photos. I got so busy with food, visiting, and opening gifts. Everyone had a fun and safe holiday and I hope you and your family did as well!

6 comments:

Paula said...

We're in Southeast Texas....73 degrees and humid yesterday....so we had the AC on too!!

I've got the carcass in the pot to make stock tomorrow...and the ham will be used to season beans.

Just like quilting, waste not, want not! Have a wonderful weekend and a great New Year.

Simone de Klerk said...

I'm so glad you had a fun Christmas! Ours was peaceful too, with beautiful presents and nice dinners made by my daughter and husband. They do that each year. Lucky me (O: Your Christmas tree with the presents looks just perfect! Hope you have a good Sunday!

Irene said...

Your tree and your room look lovely and I'm glad you had a good Christmas. It's hard to imagine making soup when it's 80 degrees outside. I can send you some of our snow if it would make you feel better? Happy New Year!

Daisymum said...

Im in Orlando and was sweating yesterday, and it is almost Jan. ugh... I was wearing shorts and a tank top. Snow would be nice, guess I will have to travel to get it.

Unknown said...

Beautiful tree and filled with presents underneath, I love your fireplace.. hehe!

I'm in Oklahoma and I think we were around 70 on Christmas Day. My in laws in Washington State said they had like 3 ft of snow...

Unknown said...

Beautiful presents. Sounds like you had a great chef on duty!