Monday, October 20, 2008

First Quilt Top Finished!

One thing I learned is that I have a lot to learn. My blocks didn't match up like they should. The worst one is in the lower left hand corner. I'm going to pick that one out and fix it. I need to work on maintaining a 1/4" seam consistently, pressing correctly, pining, and squaring up. But I had an absolute blast and already thinking of taking a 2nd class! I'm going to learn to free motion quilt as well; one way or another. I called my Dad and let him know that I was quilting and we talked a bit about his mother and her quilting activities and her old Singer sewing machine. It was a nice conversation and nice to talk about it with him!

11 comments:

Jean in Georgia said...

I think it's absolutely beautiful!!! Glad it gave you and your dad something to talk about together. That's just a bonus. :)

Marie' said...

What a beautiful quilt top. I can't wait to see it finished. Good luck with the free motion quilting!

Corrina said...

Really beautiful!

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Congratulations on finishing your first quilt top! One of many more to come, right??

Debbie said...

WOW!! You are amazing. Your colors blend together wonderfully. No way its your first quilt top...you've been keeping this passion a secret:)

Knittinggarden said...

Thanks so much for your comment on my blog. I've enjoyed looking at your quilting photos. My MIL is quite a quilter and I love to look at them, but I'm no good at sewing, so I just stick to the knitting. Love the colors on your fair isle project, too.

Shevon said...

Gourgeous color palette and excellent job putting it together!

Anonymous said...

ooh, great top! I'd never guess it was your first! Two thumbs up!!

Bethany said...

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. Your first quilt turned out beautifully! I love the pattern and the color choices.

You did a wonderful job and the 1/4 inch seams will get easier to master once you find a method that works for you.

Again, wonderful job!

Lisa W. said...

Your quilt looks wonderful! Good for you for taking a class, there is always new things to learn no matter how long someone has been quilting. I am still learning. Thanks for stopping by my blog. :-)

Leah said...

love the fabrics. nice job!